Printing Services

Monday, September 24, 2018

What is the best all-in-one printer for someone who prints a lot of text? -

I am looking to replace my HP 1210 all-in-one printe,r which cost under $100, 3 years ago. It used HP 56 and 57 cartridges, which hold 19ml of ink. In looking for a new HP printer, all of the all-in-one printers seem to use the new 21/22 or 92/93 cartridges, which only hold 5ml of ink. I am in law school and frequently find myself printing 40 pages at a time. I already feel like I go through my ink cartridges too quickly. Buying a printer where the cartridges only hold 1/4 the amount seems like it will not suit my needs, but I am having trouble finding one that will print as many pages as my current printer for a similar price. I do need an all-in-one for occasional copying needs, and I would prefer one that does not have a fax machine. I also do hope not to spend much over $100. Has anyone found a printer (HP or otherwise) recently that fits this criteria? Thank you very much!

I would suggest paying a bit more (around 200+) for an all in one monochrome laser printer. Each cartridge costs around 60-80 bucks and will print pages in the 1000 s not hundreds. ex http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail…

Any all in one will do, but I personally prefer the MP160 from Canon. It prints with great quality, even with photos, and cost at most $90. It is sometimes FREE after rebates. Try froogle-ing it. The one here only costs $60...

I don t know a lot about printers. I think though that we have the same printer as you though. It s a HP 1200 series inkjet style. We have to replace the cartridges almost weekly, it s ridiculous. From what I ve heard though, HP has a great deal on a black and white laser printer for about $200. The laser cartridges are very expensive, but it s the kind of thing that will save you money in the long run. Those laser cartridges last forever. The sales associate at a printer store told us the inkjets work out to about 6 cents a page and the lasers work out to about 2 or 3 cents a page. You can use the laser for black and white and your inkjet for color. I ve also seen ink refills at the mall. Maybe they can refill those cartridges for you at a good price.

If you print more text than anything, invest in a monchrome laser printer, then just use a photo printer capable all in one on the side for those infrequent color jobs you want. The cost will more than offset in short time!! that was the best investment I ever made! To see which ones are highest rated go to PCWORLD.com or computershopper.com. they have test results every month.

Whatever you purchase stay away from Brother MFC... It will disable scanner if even only one cartridge empty..see my latest question.

An absolute must for doing every thing is the HP officejet 6200 series 4-in-1 machine. My mom has one and uses it regularly for business and great photo printing. Good Luck Buying!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home