Printing Services

Saturday, September 22, 2018

What cymbals should i get next for my drum kit? -

I have a 14quot; hi-hat, 16quot; crash, 20quot; ride (all paiste pst3) and a 20quot; chinese and a 10quot; splash (sabian XS20) what should i get for my next crash and splash? and any suggestions for more cymbals and what kinds?

If you prefer Sabian cymbals, I would suggest a 14quot; B8 Pro Thin Crash, because it s sharply focused with a bright sound. For the splash, I would buy a B8 series 8quot; for the solid blast of sound. Other suggestions for Sabian cymbals would be B8 Pro Medium 14quot; hats, a 19quot; Neil Peart Paragon China, and a 20quot; HH Rock ride cymbal. If you prefer Zildjian cymbals, I would purchase a 15quot; A Custom Crash cymbal because it can be heard over the rest of the band. As for the splash, you can t beat a 9quot; K custom Hybrid splash for it s sound, it doesn t sound like a piece of tin! Other suggestions for Zildjian cymbals would be 14quot; ZHT Mastersound hats, an 18quot; China Low, and a 20quot; K Custom Dry Ride. If you prefer Paiste cymbals, an 18quot; Medium 2002 crash is full sounding and is durable. For the splash, a Twenty Series 10quot; is a great cymbal with dynamic response to a hit. Other suggestions for Paiste cymbals are 13quot; Signature Sound Edge hats, a 18quot; Rude Novo China cymbal, and a 21quot; Signature Dry Heavy Ride.

The gold standard for cymbal composition is 20% Bronze or B20, which many companies call it. If you already have cymbals and want to upgrade, I d go straight for the gold instead of taking small, expensive steps. Some suggested B20 cymbals that I myself have owned at one time or another: Sabian XS20 - Best bang for the buck, great cymbals. I have an 18quot; crash ride from this series and it s great. Meinl Byzance - I use Traditional finish and Jazz finish Byzance cymbals and they re the best quot;darkquot; sounding cymbals on todays market (except for vintage Zildjian K) Zildjian K Custom/K Custom Hybrid - Excellent cymbals, may even be superior to the Byzances by just a hair, however they are very expensive. Zildjian A Customs - The quot;Standardquot; pro line cymbal, sound tends to be a bit brighter than the above cymbals, however almost every drum shop has many in stock to try out. Dream Bliss - Very dark sounding cymbals and made of B22 Bronze. As you can see I m biased towards darker sounding cymbals. I m not sure what you re looking for. My best advice would be to play as many different cymbals as you can and go from there. Don t look at what other drummers use or endorse, trust your own ears.

your cymbals have to sound good together. I personally am a zildjian drummer. I would check to see if an 18 A Custom crash would sound good with your current set up. Or you could replace your hi-hats with Zildjian A custom mastersounds. I m not very familiar with sabian or paiste, but make sure that you are in the upper sections of there product lines. If your not i would recommend replacing them.

Wrong section...try under music/instruments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home