Printing Services

Monday, April 16, 2018

How do I print from a wireless computer? My printer is hooked up to my host computer. What steps do I take? -

I have the Belkin 54g wireless system. I have an HP all in one printer hooked up to another computer in my home. I want to be able to print from the computer which is dependent upon the computer that is hooked up to the printer. I don t know what to do. Thanks.

First make sure both computers belong to the same workgroup. Go to your control panel and click on the system icon. Go to the Computer Name tab. Check to make sure the computer name is different on each computer and let check the workgroup name. Assign the SAME workgroup name to each computer. On th quot;hostquot; computer go to the printer and faxes and right click on the printer and select sharing. Provide any info it asks for then reboot the computer. Go back to your laptop and go to the printer and faxes folder and click on the add printer icon. Select network printer hit next then select browse for network printer Windows should locate the printer. Click on the printer and select next. It should install all necessary drivers. Remember the host computer has to be on to have the printer available over the network.

All you need to do is add the printer to the client system. As you are connected to the host and the printer is connected, your client system will detect the printer and you will be able to print as though the printer is already connected. There are a few steps you have to take to connect the printer in a client/host environment successfully. Follow the steps in this article to connect the printer: http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/…

I would be only to keen to answer if I could understand. Please describe in absolutely simple terms.

Turn everything on, make sure the printer is shared and add a quot;Network Printerquot; to your laptop. Follow the wizard, and print away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home