Printing Services

Thursday, April 12, 2018

How do I test my vinyl plotter using a calibration file? -

I use a Gerber Omega Edge printer, and I am supposed to test it using a calibration file. How do I do and/or create one?

What you cut is not as important as testing various sizes so that the cutter settings are just right. To calibrate my plotter, I usually just type something like: AaBbCcDdEe12345 I cut one line in 1/2quot; letters, one line in 3/4quot; letters, and one line in 1quot; letters. Next I weed everything. If everything weeds perfectly (no lost letters) leave the settings alone, but if you are losing letters, change your blade depth and pressure and re-cut until you don t lose anything as you weed. If you get it just right you will even be able to weed 1/2quot; serif fonts (like Times New Roman) but you might want to start out on sans-serif (like Arial Black) first just to get in the right ballpark. If you weed off all the vinyl (including the letters themselves), you should be able to see a faint impression in the paper where the letters were cut. If this impression is too deep, the paper may stick to the back of the vinyl when you re trying to lay it down. If there is not a deep enough impression, the vinyl will be hard to weed and you ll have to replace letters.

Try http://www.hflaser.com, I hope this will help you. Information, Services of Cutting Plotter, Laser Engraver and Laser Cutter. Report Abuse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home