Printing Services

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Is it possible to print from a wireless laptop? -

I have a desk top in my basement connected to my printer. How can I use my printer - using my wireless laptop? I am on a network. Lets say - I m upstairs with my laptop - my printer is in the basement.. How can I send to my printer in the basement from my Lap top upstairs and print out a document? Appreciate all answers. DeeJay.

Share out the printer on the desktop (basement) Open the Printer/Fax Right click on the printer Click on sharing.. Give it a name like: PRT1_HPC Go to your laptop click on run Type: \\desktop name or IP address Highlight the printer PRT1_HPC Right click on the printer Click on Connect Your done and make that your default printer

Your desktop and laptop must be in the same network. The printer must be shared from the desktop. For XP: go to Startgt; settingsgt; printers amp; faxesgt;Add printergt;select network printergt;type the name of your printer or better browse for itgt; set it as defaul if you want. That should be all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home