Printing Services

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Why does all my stuff prints out in purple, even though my printer is supposed to be a color printer? -

Why does all my stuff prints out in purple, even though my printer is supposed to be a color printer? Is it the fault of my printer or of the ink? The ink is past its expiration date, but the ink I used this before this one did the same thing. Of course, that ink could have also been expired. My printer is one of those ancient ones that you have to manually feed paper to. Can anyone figure out if the strange color is because of the printer or the ink?

I would reset both computer and printer. If still does this, then you need to check the settings. Make sure that the color setting is automatic.

I think the cartridge is clogged up - the printer mixes all the colors in the cartridge, including black, to make either black, or whatever color you need. However, if the ink is clogged, it will THINK its printing, so it wont show up any errors, but only the magenta ink will actually print. If your printer has a clean head button, or self clean button, or in your computer, if you can tell it to run a self-clean, it might help. Or try replacing the cartridge.

More than likely this is the ink cartridge. Make sure you are using standard paper and not any special glossy photo paper or anything. Try a new cartridge, if this does not work, try re-installing the drivers on your PC, if that does not work. It is your printer. And for the guy above, even if a printer made for a MAC (alot of printers work on both platforms), it is still a cartridge issue, this is why MAC users are ignorant.

Sounds like you are in need of a Mac!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home