Printing Services

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why does my computer restart whenever I turn on my printer? -

Whenever I turn on my printer, my computer will automatically restart itself. This just started happening as of late and I don t understand why, is my 8-year-old computer finally starting to kick the bucket?

nothing wrong with your pc,it just the driver install for the printer,go to the printer website download the latest software for it or if you still have the cd ,go to add and remove programs uninstall the printer software restart the pc reinstall the printer cd software

I would disconnect the usb or parralel cable that goes from the printer to the computer. Then see if the computer still restarts. If it does not, then you know its not an AC power related issue. I would then check the data cable be it usb or parallel and replace it, if needed. If it is usb you can try plugging it into another usb slot. With some more info I could help better

First guess is that it is a laser printer and you have it plugged into the same circuit as the PC. The laser draws about 7 amps on startup, and it is enough to make the voltage on the AC power sag momentarily - causing the computer to reset. Try running an extension cord from another circuit in the house/office to the laser as an experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home