Printing Services

Friday, April 17, 2009

How can I get my printer to quit printing pages with one line of random symbols? -

My printer just keeps printing out pages with only 1 line of symbols at the top. I took the paper out because it would have just kept wasting paper. I turned it off and back on but it didnt help at all.

my printer has done that, but only when we put in a new ink cartridge so...did you just do that?? im not sure, i hate technology haha

I have a HP deskjet 895. It is an old printer and therefore it gets paper jam more often. When it jammed and after I cleared out, it will print one line of garbage symbol. Reboot the printer is not enough. I found I have to reboot the computer in order to clear the garbage. I did not invest time on re-install printer driver etc. May be I should. Maybe a new driver will not have this annoyance ( I had another DJ895 before, I do not remember it bahaved this way) I am guessing that becasue of the jam, the printer function on the computer get interupted and need to be cleaned out.

warn it very sternly and threaten it.. no, just joking. uninstall the printer from control panel, printer section, then locate the correct drivers on the internet and reinstall them again. This sounds like a driver mismatch. also, unhook it from the power source AND your computer (if it is directly connected either via USB or parallel port), leave it for an hour, before hooking back. If it is a USB, install the drivers before connecting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home