Printing Services

Sunday, April 19, 2009

How on earth do I print 4x6 photos on my printer? -

It s an HP Photosmart 3210. I need to print an image but it keeps coming out too big and being cropped, even though I selected quot;print 4x6quot; under paper type. I am printing it from Microsoft Paint, and it s not working, so do I need some special software to do this?

Microsoft paint is a very very basic freebie. It will NOT print photos the way you want them, you need additional software You should have got software with your printer,check your program files to see if its there, if not insert your cd and look there in software Otherwise try downloading the HP program from here: Organize, edit, print, share, and enjoy your photos with HP Photosmart Essential http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer…

You might indeed need special software made especially for your printer. If you go to the company website, you might find a link to the appropriate software. It is possible that your printer is simply not designed to do 4x6 photos. I have a special printer just for those, with software that came with it. I might add, I have paint and it is an odd program to use for such things. I just checked and could not find a place to set it for photo size.

I am not familiar with the HP 3210 but I presume as the driver software gives you the option to print on 4x6 there is a tray for such paper. MS Paint is very old software and is widely regarded as not worth having - yet they still continue to distribute it. I definitely would not use Paint for anything - it compares very badly with other stuff. If you are printing a picture that is larger than 4x6 it will be cropped. To get the size you want, you will have to re-size it. By dividing the pixels across and the pixels down by the resolution you will get a rough idea of how big the print will be - but it is only rough. 1500 pixels at 150 dpi SHOULD be 10 inches - but it isn t quite! Why don t you get Irfan View? It is essentially a viewer, but it does lots of other things like resizing and you can determine the actual print size rather than work it out. This software is free from www.irfanview.com. If you want to do a lot more to your pictures, I wholeheartedly recommend Paint Shop Pro. It costs money, but it is very powerful and very easy to use and at a fraction of the price of the more difficult to use Photoshop. see www.corel.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home