Printing Services

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

What kind of printer is used to make professional postcards? -

I want to make my own for my business advertising

As Maude Cat said, a professional printer is the way to go. That said, you can do some amazing things at home with the technology that s come along. I ve got a color laser printer at work and I print labels for some of our products to use up old stock materials. They don t look bad, but they re stock Avery labels and don t have the shine a printed label would. Also when you have to start replacing toner cartridges, of which my printer has 4 different ones, at $75 apiece I think I d check to what a printer would charge me unless this was a one off short run of postcards. You might take a look at the adverts in the back of Photoshop User magazine for some sources. I see a lot of ads for that type of thing in the back each issue. Hope that helps!

A professional printer will use an offset press, which is not for home use. If you have an inkjet printer, you may find that matte finish card stock (or even plain paper) is a little more durable than glossy. Matte will have good detail, but the colors will be duller. Plain paper will have lousy detail, but is most durable. (Fancy papers are also more expensive.) If you can afford a color laser printer, you ll find the color is not as good as a photo quality inkjet, but it will provide a better and more durable image on plain paper card stock. The other thing you have to think about is cutting the postcards. You can get pre-perforated forms for inkjet at business supply stores (such as Staples) but they are expensive. Unless you are printing a very small number of postcards at once, you would be better off to have them commercially printed.

Epson Printer is the best but expensive colour ink printer. Bestman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home