Printing Services

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Any way to completely stop my HP printer from wanting to calibrate after a new ink cartridge is installed? -

This is my pet peeve. When I install a new cartridge it prints out the calibration sheet no matter what I do -- even when I indicate I have one. It is offensive that the company that produces and sells the ink forces you to use it this way -- and in color, yet! Can I make this go away -- forever? Is this the same with other companies? Maybe I should stop buying HP printers.

Every time you switch your ink cartidges, your heads become misalligned, so if it dosen t do a calibration sheet, your images come out with the colors off center (it looks a little like ghosting on a television), every printer will do something similar, even on professional box printers (like cereal boxes), they have to have a calibration test, those are what those odd multicolored blocks are when you open a box, to calibrate the printer, if you want a good print out, it is required And it s only when you install new ink cartriges, one peice of paper an the little ink it uses is nothing, you probably put more abuse to the ink by printing out a web page, or printing out anything for that matter, you should be happy that it s even calibrating so you don t come out with a horrible looking print out

No, it s supposed to, as new printheads are supposed to be calibrated. It uses so little ink any way... not worth the peeve time. :)

This annoys me to no end, too. Try shutting the printer off before or right when it asks you if you have the calibration sheet. I m not sure if it works or not, but it can t hurt.

Sorry, by default it has to print the calibration sheet. Without it your pictures will not come out the best quality they can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home