Printing Services

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

How Do I set my Cannon printer which is upstairs to work on my laptop which is downstairs.? -

I have a desktop computer upstairs connected to a BT wireless Router. I have my printer a Cannon primax 210 connected to my PC via USB cable. Now i have just bought a Laptop,with wireless built in.Is there anyway i can use my printer upstairs with my Laptop which is downstairs?.

You need to get the two computers to talk to each other first. If you go to My Network Places and View Workgroup Computers you should see the other computer. If you do then you are set. If not then check both computers are in the same Workgroup. On the computer with the printer connected go to Control Panel, Printers and quot;Sharequot; the printer by right click and quot;Sharingquot;. On the other computer go to Control Panel, Printers and select Add a Printer. It is a quot;Network Printerquot;. Tell it to browse for a printer. It should find the printer and load the right drivers for it.

I assume you mean a Canon Pixma 210 Multifunction printer. You either set up the printer for sharing across the network here is a link http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/article_… or buy a mini print server such as this http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.… You set up a wireless connection to the print server which plugs into your printer

the printer has to be a wireless one

Yes get a WiFi Dongle for printer if it will take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home