Printing Services

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

How can I use my dads printer as my default from another room in the house? -

In my room I have 2wire. He is using a wireless reciever to get connection from me. He has a new laser printer in his room how can I use his as my default printer through wireless?

assuming your running windows xp on both, you first have to set up a home wireless network group, to do this, go to control panel, network setup wizard, this will walk you through the process of creating a network, you have to do this on both computers in order for it to work, it will have you choose a name for the network, ask a few other questions and somewhere in the wizard there is an option to share files and printers. after you ve done this on both computers, you should be able to see his printer in your my network places folder. this will allow you to use his printer, depending on the printer model, you may have to install the drivers off the cd for his printer on your computer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home