Printing Services

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Can I print black with only a color cartridge in? -

I need to print something and it comes in black, but I don t have black ink anymore. Can I print it using my color cartridge? And if so, how do i set my HP Deskjet 3847 to use the color cartridge to print it. I don t care if it does not come out in black. Also, I can t edit what i need to print, so I cant change the color manually. Help?

Under your printer preferences there is a way to print gray scale. SO even if your image is in color, it will print black and white. Every printer interface is different, but when you go to print, there s usually a properties or setting button that will bring you to another page from the initial print menu. here is where you would choose gray scale. If you try for black with only a color cartridge, it ll come out a dark green or blue color. Or on some cases, it will tell you it s out of black and you can t print. Most HP printers need at both cartridges in the printer for it to print.

Your color cartridge doesn t contain any black pigment, Reason being is it draws this from your black cartridge. It will try and mix the colors as close as it can, But it will not be black and if your picky you will notice that it is not even close. Now your black cartridge will draw a small amount of ink from your color cartridge even when printing in only black ink, I would recommend either buying a new black cartridge, Or if this is not a option to go to your local library and print out your document there. As a rule this costs about a dime maybe 15 cents per page, And if this is a document you need to take with you, You can just save it to a USB drive or a CD and boot it up right from that computer at the library.

No it will not print black with only a color installed, it will come out more of a brown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home