Printing Services

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Anyone know how to get my kodak 5100 printer to work with vista? -

I tried going to the kodak page and doing a driver download there and I only got half way through it before it prompted me to plug it into the USB. And that is as far as it goes..... I even went a bought a new USB cord and it still will not see that it is connected. Does anyone know where I can download this driver from other than the kodak page?

I don t know why you are having problems downloading any of the drivers from the site. But if all else fails you can go to drivers.com and you can find it there for sure. I think they charge for this but it is not much. Hope this helps you. Woody PS Some sites prompt you to plug your USB in too soon wait until the download is complete and then plug it in. I just caught myself before submitting this sorry

The problem may not be with the driver software but in how it tries tohandle the USB ports. I had that problem with something else. Had to do in device manager and remove the entire USB interfaces and then rebuild them one at a time by directing to Windows\System32. Took quite awhile but works great now that it is done. Seems maker had their own software drivers that were not compatible.If all else fails try that.

Bought the 5100 printer. In the directions (a flier) it tells you to go to kodak.com. I found my printer then called tech support. They walked me through the download process. The printer was made in 2006. Before VISTA. Works great now.................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home