Printing Services

Monday, April 27, 2015

What program I can use that makes it easy to connect my printer to computers on the router? -

Me and my brother have each our own computer.. but I am the only one with the printer so everytime he has to print something out he has to transfer it to my computer. Is their anyway I can set it up so he can just print it out from his computer? Like network the printer? Any user-friendly program that is easy?

No need, I assume you are using windows xp, simply share your printer and publish it to the network, install the printer drivers on your brothers computer and have him install your printer on his as a network printer. Much easier than it sounds, go to windows help - printer sharing.

You have everything you need actuallly, Ok go under the printer, then do sharing, then do SHARE THIS PRINTER (you can play with all the other options). On his computer you can search for printer in network (under add printer) OR connect to your computer from his and the printer will be there. I am assuming you are on a windows. If on a mac just go under add printer and it will be there.

If you don t want to use M$ Printer sharing for some reason, you can buy a device called a quot;printer server.quot; It hangs on the network (wired or wireless) and your computers print to that via IP address. Again, sounds harder than it really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home