Printing Services

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Can I use a HP Photosmart printer to print on PVC paper? -

I want to make LEGAL id cards for my business, however, before I insert pvc in my printer, I want to make sure it will work properly. Will the paper clog my printer? Also, will the ink rub off? Thanks.

Check your printer s manual to see if it will accept PVC paper. Alternativeley, contact HP support

It depends on what model you have. I would think that PVC would be a challenge with an inkjet as ink can not dry on a none porous surface - which PVC is. Try what the first poster suggested and see if your manual lists PVC down as a printable source for it. If not then I would not risk it as I suspect the ink will rub off as you queried.

If you dont want to risk your printer s life, then ask on n HP forum. They ll answer you the best. Else, just go and try! At most, the paper would get stuck in it, and u ll have to manually get it out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home