Printing Services

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Can a printer driver for windows XP still work for windows Vista? -

I have a printer that I bought back in 2002 and its a great printer. I recently got a new laptop and I need to know if the driver for that printer can work with windows vista even though the only driver download I could find online was for windows XP. What can I do. Do I need to just buy an updated printer. Is my printer too outdated to find a current driver download? Can anyone help me please?

Try it, it might work

The *best* option would be to get a new printer. You CANNOT install the XP driver and expect it to work. Won t happen. A way around it would be to find a compatible printer driver that came with Vista. For instance, I have an HP Photosmart 1000 printer which is not supported under Vista. However, the printer works with the Vista Deskjet 970Cse printer driver. Of course, it all depends.

Just look for the vista driver for it, if the company of the printer thats yours is doesn t have one (which I doubt) then you ll need a new printer.

Yes it will work, but you can get the Vista drivers if you want. Just go to the printers web site and download the Vista drivers.

Check on your printer s website for updated drivers for Vista! The drivers are free to download since most people have a lot of versions now!

Your XP drivers may work for vista,try installing those drivers,it ll install or prompt you that it ll install with recommended settings.just click on it,it may work..

Go to the web link below and type the name of your printer in the second box , leave the first block as hardware.

if its software supports vista or if you will be able to find update on web for your printer softwrae

should work. mine did.

Of course it can

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home