Printing Services

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Can I wirelessly access my printer from my computer? -

My computer is connected to a router, but they are both far from the printer (20 feet away with no convenient way to lay a cable to the printer). The printer is network ready, or can also be connected to a computer via a USB connection.

You need to connect the printer to the network. I assume that router is a WIRELESS (wi-fi) router? If so, you just need to add a wi-fi printer server (which connects to the printer). Your printer may be network ready, but it probably does NOT have a wi-fi adapter built-in. You need to investigate how to get your printer onto the wi-fi network. As you did not give any make or model, I can t look it up for you. Once it s on the network, the rest is very easy.

Yeah, as long as both the printer and the computer are both connected to the same network, you can access the printer all the way across the house, regardless of the type of connection, wired or wireless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home