Printing Services

Friday, December 13, 2013

How do I connect my HP Printer to a network? -

I have a HP Photosmart printer. When I installed the software, I said that I would use it by connecting it to my laptop with a USB cord. Now I realize that I also could have said to connect it to a network, but I can t find how to change that. I clicked on quot;Network Settings,quot; but it told me that quot;this product is not configured for networking. No network settings are available.quot; Is there another way I can connect it to my network?

You probably don t need to uninstall/reinstall drivers for this....if you re wiring it into your router just plug it in with ethernet, print off a network configuration page (you can find out how on the HP website), find the IP address, then go to your control panel, right click on the icon for your printer, go to properties, then the ports tab, and add a new port. For the port type it would be standard TCP/IP, then put in the IP address for your printer, and you should be able to print. If you want it wireless you ll have to connect it to the router first, then take the IP address from the printer and put it in the address bar of your browser. This will take you to a page to set up your printer, and it ll have a wireless setup. After you do the wireless setup, unplug the ethernet cable, print off another network config page, and add a port with that IP address. This will work for most models of HP printers.

Uninstall the driver and the HP software and then reinstall it using the original HP disk and configure it for networking. Once HP software has configured it, you can t get around it by other means. So you are left with no alternative but to uninstall the pinter and reinstall it again with network configuration.

thx amanda, quick, short and useful answer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home