Printing Services

Friday, January 10, 2014

How should I get this printer working? -

I have a Lexmark Z65 printer, but my computer is running Vista. None of the drivers listed on Lexmark s site are for Vista.

If you have 64 bit vista - you need a new printer. However if you have 32 bit vista the unidriver listed on lexmarks page should work. http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/do… However you have to manually install it b downloading the file and then adding a printer directing it to open the recently downloaded file as the driver.

At one time, when my computer had Windows 2000 as its operating system, I had a Lexmark X83 all-in-one. It worked great with Windows 2000. When I upgraded to WIndows XP, it never did work. Lexmark never did release drivers for Windows XP for that model and I had to either get a new printer or downgrade to Windows 2000. I have since purchased a Canon multifunction and it works with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista, OpenSuse and Mac OSX. (As well as the HP LaserJet 4050) The point, I guess, is that Lexmark wants you to either stick with an older OS or get a new printer. Typically they don t upgrade their drivers to an OS that comes out after the issue of the printer/driver package.

I would try the XP drivers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home