Printing Services

Sunday, February 15, 2009

How do I set up my printer to print without being attached to my computer? -

I know its possible because that s how it s set up at work and in library s. I want to be able to print to my computer when I m in a different room and I don t know how. Thanks in advance.

The printers you see at work and library are on the network through what s known as a quot;print serverquot;. Your print jobs goes to a quot;virtual portquot; on the network, which is then sent to the printer server, then the print server feeds it to the printer. Print servers are available in any store selling network equipment, and can even be wireless (to be on Wifi networks).

Do you have a wireless printer? If your printer isn t wireless then it has to at least be connected to a router via network cable. If it doesn t have a network cable connection then you can t hook it directly to your home network (wired or wireless) unless you have it connected directly to another computer that is connected to the network.

For taking print outs the printer need to be attached to the computer. Either directly by parallel port or USB port or indirectly through network. I think in your place its connected through network. And configuring printer in a network may not be simple. Normally it s not done through setup wizard. Also before suggesting I need to know exactly what printer you have, which port you are using, what s the OS, is there any separate NOS or not and so on. Please get some professional help.

Try to use your cell phone, make sure it have navigator.

it needs to be on a network

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home