Printing Services

Friday, February 13, 2009

Why do I have to keep reinstalling my wireless printer? -

This happens each time I get on my laptop. I have to reinstall to the printer, it is fine for that session and the next time I get on, the printer is offline. I have looked for an option in th control panel and printers windows to change back to ready, but the only thing that I have found that works is to reinstall. Please help. I have Vista.

Hello in your control Panel Printer and other hardware printer and faxes do you see a check by your printer if not make a Right click on it and set as Default printer. Gemini PS. you much let your laptop update go to System in your Control Panel and check the box Automatic Updates

Have you attempted e-how for a reply to this? They are really hot on this kind of thing over there.

I think I would attempt a google search for a few answers to this.

If you have an HP printer using a wired or wireless network and have Vista (which you do), you may be having the problem talked about here: http://www.bluedoglimited.com/Lists/Anno… One of the services is supposed to discover and add/remove printers that it finds on the local network. This sounds like a good idea because if you had the laptop at home, it would locate printers on your home network. Then when you take it to work, it would locate printers your work network. In reality, that service is misbehaving: It removes the printer(s), but then never adds any back. In my case, it was happening because my printer sometimes goes quot;spasticquot; and all the lights start flashing. I have to unplug the printer and plug it back in to clear the problem. During that time, Vista would remove it. After two or three complete re-installs of the drivers, I found the posting above, which fixed the problem for me. That said, I would run HP Software Update (which should have been installed along with the drivers) and get all the latest patches. There was a recent update (within the last month) that seems to address this issue. Since installing that, I haven t had to turn off the service as described in the article above on the latest system I put Vista on. I think it s fixed, but thought I d point out the old quot;fixquot; just in case that turns out not to be true.

Did you check whether the printer is set as default, then check the option which says use printer online, if nothing work, do a power drain for LT amp; as well as printer. That works most of the time.

Have you tried ehow for an answer to this? They are pretty smart on this topic over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home