Printing Services

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Is it possible to print on regular glossy paper from a laser printer? -

I am thinking about purchasing a laser printer and would like to print alot of photographs. I have accumulated alot of glossy paper that I have been using on my inkjet printer, and would like to use the same paper on my new laser printer. Is this possible? I have heard that the toner from the laser printer may fall off the paper, is this true? Or does it not matter at all? If this indeed is an issue, what is the best course of action? I thank everybody for their help in advance! Thanks!

It s not so much that the toner will quot;fallquot; off the paper, it s more how the laser printers work that is the issue. Standard ink jet printers work by simply squirting tiny drops of ink onto the paper. Laser printers are much more complicated, involving a photo-reactive drum and a high temperature fusing element. This quot;Fuserquot; gets very hot and will for the most part melt the glossy coating on the regular paper. There is specially made glossy paper for laser printers and are the only paper you should use.

Of course you can use glossy paper on laser printers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home