Printing Services

Saturday, August 25, 2018

How can i Print of my Laptop wirelessly to my printer when the printer is connected to my desktop? -

My laptop is wireless to my desktop and is file and printer shared my printer is connected to my desktop but i should be able to print from my laptop straight to the printer via the desktop any help please thankyou

I have this set-up in my room. You need to have the desktop PC switched on (so that it s actually part of the network) and also allow the printer to be shared. In the printer s preferences (ie: right-click on the printer icon when in the printers section of the control panel), you ll see a tab called sharing. You need to go into this on the desktop machine and enable it. You then need to go to the laptop, go to network settings, and click on the add a printer button - assuming you re using Vista, it should pick up the printer and let you use it. (Edit: Ivan below really needs to update his qualifications, because my printer isn t wireless whatsoever, but I m using it over a wireless network.)

you can only do it if your printer is wireless

Sharing the printer on the desktop works. Be sure both your laptop and desktop have they same workgroup name. However for a reason I haven t determined Windows XP doesn t always want to cooperate. For a more reliable way I recommend purchasing a print server that will plug in to your router (wireless print servers are ok but they are more $$$ and have quirks.) You plug your printer in to the print server and configure both your laptop and your desktop to print to it. You do have to follow the instructions, and an added benfit is you don t need your desktop turned on for your laptop to use the printer. You can look for print servers at places like Best Buy, Compusa, or www.tigerdirect.com and www.newegg.com Because I promise windows has problems cooperating in sharing. Also if you don t have a router already you can buy a router with print server built in. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have questions.

hello, I m sure I don t know everything, however there are two answers that I know of that might help you.. One is that there are chord less printers which might be compatible with you re system, and, there are quot;docking stationsquot; which will work with you re system............Good luck............

Hello, (ANS) You can ONLY send your output or print jobs (i.e.documents) to the printer if the printer is a wireless connected printer. You can now buy wireless printers but ordinary printers connected to another machine wont offer you (Give) you that ability. Kind Regards Ivan computer veteran, MCSE trained.

Switch on files and printer sharing at the desktop. Go to the printer wizard on your laptop and it will find it and install the printer.

Sir Propaganda had the best answer for you. It will be easy for you to do this because you will be running the Network Set up Wizard.

Have you installed the printer, if not follow the prompts in install printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home