Printing Services

Thursday, September 14, 2017

How do I add a single printer to my network? -

I was wondering if anyone was a computer expert, and could tell me how to add a printer to my network, and monitor my network usage.

Assuming you are running windows XP and that the printer is attached locally to a computer, you can use sharing to enable others to use the printer on your network. The computer the printer is connected to must be on for other users to print to this computer. Steps: From the computer the printer is attached to, click Start, then Printers and Faxes. Right click the printer you want to share and select quot;sharingquot; from the pop up window. A menu will give you some options to input. Apply the sttings and the printer should be available for other s to use.

Buy a network card for your printer, and get network helper software for your main computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home