Printing Services

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Why does my printer still say low ink after installing a new cartridge? -

I have a Lexmark 8350 all in one and I just installed a new ink cartridge but it still says low ink. The cartridge I installed is a refilled one does that make a difference? It prints just fine, it just says low ink when it s not.

I fill my own cartridges with the refill kits. It requires the bottom cap to be taken off. So on my Lexmark and my old Dell, they both yelled at me that my ink was low after I filled it. I spent an hour trying to get the message to go off, never did. The printers worked fine. I knew the ink was fine, even if the printer didn t agree with me.

Refilled cartridges do sometimes cause that error, but it should work fine. Reinstall the cartridge and see if you have the option to tell it you installed a new cartridge. It should print fine for you. If it doesn t work, take it back and get a replacement.

it might not be installed right I would try taking to ink out and putting it back in

Once an original Lexmark cartridge is used once, it will start measuring how much ink has gone out of it. Although this is inaccurate (there are no electronic pressure gauges or floaters inside the tank which means it s only measuring how many pages you ve printed with each color), that s Lexmark s protection so you d go back to them and buy a new cartridge. Take note that once your printer says it s out of ink, there s no more refilling your old cartridge. For Epson printers, resetters are available for different types of cartridges, unfortunately, the same is not true with Lexmark (or maybe I just haven t found one yet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home