Printing Services

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why do new printers not come with printer USB cables? -

Why do the manufacturers of the printers and all-in-one s made for home use (think HP, Lexmark, EPSON amp; others) refuse to include USB printer cables in the package? I wouldn t even mind paying a slightly higher price to have that cable included when I buy a new printer for my home office. I ve always wondered why it has to be a separate purchase. Any ideas out there?

The Mfg does t know what lenghth you would want and most customers are in the replacement market and already have a cable from their last printer. It also keeps the cost down.

I asked HP this question once a few years ago (none of theirs come with cables). The answer I was given is that their research told them that (1) most people already have an existing printer, an existing cable with that printer, and thus getting another cable just adds clutter (2) not every user needs the same length of cable so it s difficult to judge just what type of cable to send Neither answer did I find particularly acceptable. And, like you, believe the very least they could do is include a cable. It s a pain in the caboose to have to go and purchase a cable but, unfortunately, that s HP.

Are you sure, it s not refurbished? I ve recently purchased a new canon PIXMA MP140 It did come with a USB cable, whereas my cousin bought the same printer, but had no USB cable. This has me puzzled as well. I think it might have do with the packaging and manufacturers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home