Printing Services

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Why does my computer still think my printer has a paper jam? -

I fixed the jam and my printer will make copies not connected to the computer ,but it won te print my documents because the computer still thinks it s jammed. What do I do?

Your printer is issuing the paper jam signal. Try disconnecting the printer from your computer. Restarting your computer. Powering down the printer and restarting it. Then connect the printer to your computer. I hope that this worked.

Right click quot;My Computerquot; Select quot;Managequot; Locate quot;Print Spoolerquot; in quot;Servicesquot; Stop then Re-Start the Print Spooler Service Close the management console Do a test print

its problem with paper feed sensors..

try turning the printer off, waiting about 10-30 seconds then turning it back on, if that doesnt work, try disconnecting it all together, if that doesnt work, uninstall it and then reinstall it (using manufacture CD) If all the above doesnt work, smack it with a hammer!!

I recently dumped a perfectly good printer because of the same problem. The jam light simply would not go off and the printer would not print. I went to the forum for that particular printer and one of the posters said he was able to fix his by messing with the sensor, but I could not see how to get to it. Contact the manufacturer or its forum, if it has one. It may be a common problem, or just a design flaw, and with luck another user might have a solution for your particular printer.

Check that there are no error messages on your printer. You could also power off and on the printer. You probably still have a document sitting in the print queue on the computer. Go into printers and faxes, double click on your printer. If you see a document there select it then press delete. Although sometimes restarting the printer and/or the computer will send this stuck print job to the printer.

press enter on the printer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home