Printing Services

Monday, March 19, 2012

How do I know which port to set my printer at? -

This is a second part to my first question! My printer is set to virtual port. How do I know which port my printer is actually plugged into?

Any device connected to a USB port creates a VIRTUAL port. That is the reason why USB ports supports multiple devices and also supports HOT Plug feature. Check whether your printer is connected properly to the USB port, if not then uninstall the USB Printing Support from the device manager. Click on START gt; RUN then type SYSDM.CPL, click on the HARDWARE tab, then click on DEVICE MANAGER. Scroll down and click on the + sign next to UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER Check whether you find USB PRINTING SUPPORT, if it is there, right click on it and click on UNINSTALL. Remove the USB cable, restart the computer and plug in the Printer USB cable back. It will automatically install the drivers and you would be able to print from the computer again. Cheers, n Happy Printing!!!

Open your printer properties. In quot;Portsquot; tab, you can find the port which has been assigned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home