Printing Services

Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I connect my printer to my new desktop PC? -

I have an HP Deskjet 940c, and a brand new HP Pavilion a6120n PC. I have had the printer for a few years, and it worked great with my old computer, but now I do not know how to hook it up to my new computer. The cord from the printer to the computer is the kind that you have to screw in the two little screws (forgive my ignorance.) The new computer doesn t have that though. Do I need a different type of cord?

You need a USB to parallel convertor cable http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?ca…

old = parallel port http://www.umbc.edu/oit/sans/helpdesk/ar… new = USB http://www.umbc.edu/oit/sans/helpdesk/ar… Need to get a USB cord for the printer

the new computers won t have the parallel port connections that retro fit older equippment like the old printer. If it has USB then you are better off with that. But if it dosen t then there is no hope for that. My advice, get a new printer. But if you have vista, you are in for a bigger shock because HP dosen t have the drivers that completley work with Vista, they only guaranteed to work up to XP.They still work on vista though. Just plug the device in before the CD, not the other way around as the instructions say. Later on , they might make newer drivers that are totally Vista Compatible. Just a word of warning.

If your new computer doesn t have a printer cable interface on the back you can buy a printer to usb cable and run the printer from the usb port.

it should have have the female plugin your describing. if not yes a new cord but i don t think you can just get a cord, maybe an adapter, if that even works. you could end up with a conflict and it not working at all. so after hooking it up and your comp should crash with the blue screen of death saying recovered from a serious error. your not going to be able to use the printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home