Printing Services

Friday, June 26, 2009

How to hook up printer to my laptop? -

I have an Insprion 1525, and i have been trying to hook up my dell printer. I installed the software, that didn t work. Then i added a printer, and it won t print, it says irrcorrect port deteched, whatever that means. Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

Which printer? (model #) What Operating system are you running? How is the printer connected? USB? Network? Wireless? Will watch for additional details and will update then. ***Update*** Did you run the install program off the Printer CD or did you just plug the printer in and when the Add/New Hardware wizard came up you just pointed it to the CD? Personally I have found the setup program that comes on CD from the manufacturer (canceling out of the Add New Hardware Wizard) works the best. I would suggest removing the printer from the control panel. Unplugging the USB cable and rebooting the computer. Download the drivers from Dell s website and run the setup program, plugging the USB cable back in when instructed to do so. http://support.dell.com/support/download…

Have you tried getting the printer drivers from the Dell web site. Sometimes the web site has new updated drivers that aren t on the CD they give you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home