Printing Services

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My printer will not print anything unless I first reboot the computer. What is going on? -

I mean I send something to print. It sits there stupidly and won t print out until the computer is rebooted, then it goes ahead and prints.

It sounds like the quot;print spoolerquot; service simply needs to be restarted. You can go to quot;Servicesquot; and look for Print Spooler and it should have the option to restart it. If you are on Windows Vista just search for services on the start search box. On Windows XP you can right click on My Computer and click Manage and then on the left pane expand Services and Applications, and then click Services. Hope this helps.

Your driver has probably been corrupted. This is your printer driver. You need to get the latest version from the manufacturer and reinstall the driver. I got this info from my hubby. Hope it helps. He says you can get the newer version online. Give it a try and see if it works. He said the same thing happened to our printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home