Printing Services

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How do I make my hp deskjet 610c work on my laptop? -

Whenever I try to print any document from MS Word, the only thing that will print is the test page. When I check the printer it doesn t even show that any print command has been given.The amber light goes on flashing and when I press it, that s when it starts to print the test page. I m using it on my hp pavilion laptop.

Download the latest drivers from HP and install them. If you already have the printer listed remove it from your list and unplug the printer. Load the proper driver and re-connect the printer. This should solve the issue.

You must first add the printers drivers and software to the laptop. If you have a disk that came with the printer, load the disk and follow the instruction. If you do not have a disk, you will need to go to printers and faxes, assuming you are using Windows xp, and quot;ADDquot; the printer. Click on the start menu and you should see printers and faxes. If not, go to the control panel and you will find it there. Follow the instructions given by the add program. You will be adding a local printer, usually on parallel port 1, unless you are using USB or Fire wire connections. Also, you must set the printer as the default printer to get programs such as Word to recognize the printer without having to specify it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home