Printing Services

Monday, March 23, 2009

How do I connect a printer to my laptop computer downstairs? -

I have my printer hooked up to my computer upstairs; so I was just wondering how to connect my laptop computer to the printer upstairs. I will appreciate what answers I do get. Thanks.

With a little thing called a Home Network. Go to the computer upstairs, double click on its My Network Places and on the left you ll see quot;setup a home or small office networkquot; Type in a workgroup name for your network, turn on file and printer sharing and reboot the machine. On your laptop, do the same thing, and make sure you use the same workgroup name. To add the printer, instea dof it being a local printer, it is a network printer you let the machine browse for. Once it finds the printer, you are finished and done. The only problem with this is that the computer upstairs always needs to be on or you can t print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home