Printing Services

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How do I make my printer print out more than 1 page on a big picture? -

I ve been trying to print out a big picture(probably 3 or 4 pages) but every time i try to print it, it only prints out a corner of it and says page 1 of 1. So I m lost on how to get a big picture for my school project. Please help.

Admittedly I don t know everything about printers,(To include scanners, and copiers, plus fax machines), but based on the multifunction machines I ve had, (Printer/scanner, and printer/scanner/copier/fax machine. Several models), I think the largest media is 13 inches by 10-1/2 inches. The only way I ve done it, is through my Photoshop. I signed up for Worldstart.com s newsletters, and here is what they sent me recently, http://store.worldstart.com/product.php?… The workspace, does indeed look like my Photoshop. In Photoshop, I enlarge the image. I go up to Image in the top header, click on it, and scroll down to Image Size. Then click on it. This brings up the Image Size window. In it, you can increase the pixel size, which increases the image in inches. I then go up to View in the top header, click on it, and scroll down to Rulers. (And click on it) This puts a grid across my workspace. Lines going up and down, and across. I can measure the image this way. Now I go back up to the Tools Menu, and click on the Crop Tool. With this tool, I can crop out a rectangle the size of a 11 inch by 8-1/2 inch piece of paper. This will be one-part of the total image size. I go up to File, and down to Save As, give it a name, and save it. I can then do this for the other rectangular image shapes. After saving them, I print each one out, and put it together. Photoshop can go up to 30,000 pixels. A photo or image, that is 30,000 pixels, by 30,000 pixels is 100 inches by 100 inches. That s 8 FEET- 4 INCHES by 8 FEET- 4 INCHES!! That s why, I thought I would tell you about the above program. Don t know if it s exactly like my Photoshop, but it s WAY cheaper! (Photoshop=$599 bucks. PhotoDesigner Pro=$11 bucks)

Posteriza enables you to create poster or banner size prints from your digital images. The program slices the images into multiple parts and makes them fit into a number of regular size pages (A4, A3, letter, etc.), which can then be assembled after printing. It automatically includes margins to overlap and glue the pages. In addition, you can add up to 4 lines of text, as well as a frame to enhance the looks. The program is easy to use, and offers easy configuration and previews of the results. You can create regular size posters, wall posters or anything in between, although you should use a high resolution image for larger printouts in order to produce quality results. The program can also save the output as JPG files, allowing you to use 3rd party printing services instead of your own printer. Standalone, no install needed. http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/gmm/fw…

IT would prolly be easiest to cut/paste into 4 different images and print them separately if you re having troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home