Printing Services

Sunday, February 10, 2019

My new printer keeps printing a test page instead of my document! What should I do? -

I ve just bought a brandnew Brother HL2040 laser printer, and I am using Open Office to print a document. Whenever I click quot;printquot;, the printer puts the job in the queue and does nothing else with it. When I then hit the quot;Goquot; button, it produces a test print. Other than continuing to produce this as an unusual wallpaper idea, what can I do to actually get the thing to print my document?

Check the cable! When a printer is not linked to the computer it usually produces a test page when you hit the button. And when the computer thinks the printer is offline, because it is not properly linked, it will put the document in the queue, where it waits to be printed as soon as the printer is available.

I would try reloading the software on the cd that came with the printer. Go through all the steps over again. Sometimes things screw up the first time. Worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home