Printing Services

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

How the crap do I install my Brother printer with the instillation software I downloaded from their website? -

I keep trying to go through the setup.exe files I find, but they keep encountering errors and cannot complete. I m going to pull my hair out.

Please, don t pull your hair out, that will be painfull! Unplug your printer (power your computer OFF if it is a parallel one. Don t have to if it is a USB). Click Start, Control Panel, Printer and faxes (on Widows XP). Remove the Brother Printer if it is installed. Exit. Next plug your parallel printer, turn computer ON, turn printer ON, (If it is a USB, turn computer ON, then printer ON, then plug the USB), it will find new hardware, insert your disk when prompted. Follow instructions.

Try running them as admin, or from a console window with admin privilages. Ensure you have enough disk space to uncompress the files.

Did you uninstall the printer first before installing the software? That might help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home