Printing Services

Friday, January 13, 2017

How do I stop my HP Laserjet 4 from printing tons of of blank paper when I push the ONLINE button? -

The light for quot;Formfeedquot; is always on, indicating it thinks that there is a lot to print. This all happened after I connected it to my wife s Dell. Before that it was fine. I think maybe a cold boot will reset everything, but I don t know how to do it. Anybody have any ideas?

Hey, I ve had the same problem. If it s the same cause for us both, then it s not a printer problem, your wife s computer most likely had lots of documents in the printer queue waiting to print. This would happen if she tried to print something online when the printer was quot;offlinequot;. The problem would be compounded if she, in her frustration, clicked print over and over, which would load the same print job into the queue over and over... Anyway, it s easy to solve. Open the print job queue from Control Panelgt;Printers amp; Faxesgt;YOUR PRINTER NAME and delete (or quot;cancelquot;) all the print jobs. THEN bring the printer online. If it still spits out blank sheets, let it go. Once it finishes all the obsolete quot;print jobsquot;, it ll settle down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home