Printing Services

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

How do you get the mfc 3240C brother printer to bypass the message saying that cyan out? -

My black ink ran out so I replaced it and then immediately the cyan in was empty but as I look at it is 1/2 full. This same thing happened the last time I had to replace the black ink. That time the cyan was maybe 1/4 out but I went ahead and bought new colored ink cartriges.

Brother printers read the ink level optically, and are therefor fairly accurate. There is no way around this warning message unless you want to do serious damage to your printer. A small amount of ink is require to keep the print head primed at all times, if the printer in unable to do that it shuts down. The priming ink acts as a coolant, with out it you run the risk of warping your print head or fusing it shut. Either scenario results in greatly reduced print quality. If you do really want to destroy your printer you can place a small piece of black electrical tape over the reservoir window and re-install.

I have one of these machines and I ve never found a way around it. To me the cartridges always look like they still have ink in them even though it says they are empty. I did try shaking the cartridge once and if I remember correctly I still got a few more pages out of it, but that s about all that might work. All of the colors work together in those machines to print so when one goes out the machine is pretty much useless until they are replaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home