Printing Services

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

How do I disallow access from a PC when networked? -

My house is networked. But family members could care less about f*ing up my printer, then telling me to fix it because it s MY problem. Plz don t give me advice about my family, I want to know about how to disallow a computer from having access when they NOW have their own printer anyway.

Go to printers and faxes in controll pannel and it should say on the lefthand side share click on that and untick share on network, or right click the printer go to properties and sellect the sharing tab and untick the box

The easiest thing is to put a password acess into it and then only if you enter the password do you have access. You can also go into their computers and remove the selection of your computer from the system. (a preference)

On your computer - disable File and Print Sharing Go to Control panel gt; Network Options gt; LAN Properties gt; and you will find File and Print share there.

If the printer is connected to your computer , then click on start , printers and faxes , right click on the printer u want to disallow , and go to sharing and disable it , this way the printer will no longer be available on network for printing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home