Printing Services

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Is there a way to make blacklight photos with my printer? -

I have a large salt water fish tank, and I would like to put a black-light glow poster as the background using a few of the designer fractals I have found that can be used as desktop wallpaper. But I would love it to be glow black light since I would like to use a black-light at night in the tank. Can this be done? Have you tried it? Is there actual pigment someplace that would work in my computer printer?

i dont think thats really posible

blacklight posters are printed with a chemical additive to the inks/paint the reacts to true blacklight (ultraviolet rays). Flourescent inks used on posters will appear brighter with a purple light bulb that screws into any light socket-but that is NOT true ultraviolet-that s just a purple colored light bulb. Only Flourescent light tubes emit enough ultraviolet spectrum to cause the reaction. A true blacklight will hardly light up an area-but the ultraviolet rays will reach all the way to the end of a large room. Anything with reactive chemicals will appear to glow. Toothpaste, some laundry detergents, additives to white shirts-all will glow because they react to the ultraviolet rays. As far as I know-there is nothing you can get for a household printer that is reactive to ultraviolet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home