Printing Services

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How can I get my magenta ink flowing in my printer? -

I have a Brother MFC-5440CN printer and my magenta is not flowing at all. I called service, but I think they won t help me if I got my cartridges refilled at the mall as opposed to buying new cartridges. I ve tried the automated cleaning several times and done test prints. I ve also taken the cartridge out and put it back in. Any ideas? Thanks.

quot;I got my cartridges refilled at the mall as opposed to buying new cartridges.quot; =)

for your printer, it is using the ink tanks (LC 47 series cartridges) which is to say, the printhead is fix on the printer, not on the cartridge. You would have to figure out a way to either, gain access or to remove the printhead to do a cleaning on it manually. Try getting Windex, ( a glass cleaning solution available in supermarkets) and drip a few drops on the printhead itself, do a few automated cleaning cycle (about 5 times or more) if it doesn t clear, drop a few more drops and let it sit overnight. It usually works in my cases for my customers. in most cases like this, the service tech from brother or which ever oem would usually tell you that your printhead would need to be changed and charge you for it, regardless of whether you ve refilled your cartridges. Take note of who you refilled your cartridges with, if the refilled ink has different properties from what the printer require (eg. universal ink), it will result in clogs over a period of time. Check out my website at www.inkrefillservice.com or email me at enquiries@inkrefillservice.com if you need further assistant. We would be glad to be of service to you.

refilled cartridges don t always work well, it might be that the cartridge is clogged. try wiping the ink opening with a q-tip, as well as the space in your printer through which the ink flows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home