Printing Services

Monday, February 18, 2013

How can I make my computer wirelessly print? -

I have a desktop with XP, and the printer is an HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One

You will have to get a router, and your printer will have to have a network card installed. The printer will probably cost a little bit of cash, but that is one way. You can also attach an old PC to it, and share the printer from it.

If you want to print wirelessly you will need a wireless print server. D-Link makes a good one that can handle up to 4 printers while Linksys has one that will only handle 1 printer. I just bought the D-Link model yesterday as a matter of fact. Best $70 I ever spent. I now have both my inkjet printer/scanner and my laser printer hooked up and working wirelessly. The best part is, I can even use the scan feature of my inkjet printer via wireless as well. No need for fancy parts/cards in expensive printers. Remember, a standard router will not do it unless it has a print server built in. You will need a wireless print server/router.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home