Printing Services

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Do they make transparency paper for ink jet printers? -

I saw some for laser jet printers but do they make it for ink jet printers? Thanks.

I m afraid not. Ink would just run off transparency paper. The reason it works with laser printers is because the ink is actually a powder instead of a liquid. It s almost moulded onto the paper/transparency (hence why the paper is warm out of a laser printer) meaning it doesn t slide off.

Yes. I use some in my classroom at school. 3M is the brand of the product I use I believe. I ordered it from Demco, but I m sure you could get it other places as well. The surface of an ink jet transparency is a bit rough or textured so that the ink will stick. One think to keep in mind when ordering is that different brands of printers may require different types of transparencies. Mine, for instance, requires the transparency to have a white strip on the leading edge so the printer can detect it. Check the list of compatible brands of printers on the transparency specs. before purchasing. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home