Printing Services

Monday, July 13, 2009

How can I print from my Macbook to an existing Printer that is connected to my PC? -

I want to print out a calender from iCal, but i don t have a printer connected to my Mac. I have a printer that already is connected to my existing PC, but I don t know how to connect them. Is there something I need? I also have a Fax machine. Can I fax the paper to my Fax machine?

You can use file and print sharing that Microsoft offers. First you need to set you printer to work online and also to share mode. You do that by right clicking it then properties. As for your mac, you should be able to do a Internet search on file and print sharing to a windows box. It s going to take some tweaking to get it to work. Just remember how you got it so that when it gets messed up you can fix it again. Good luck, Eryk V. Edit: On my network I use a few Linux boxes. To get them all to print, I use a cheep print server. By default, the Linux boxes can use the print server and all I need to do is install the drivers. It s a lot easier to do it this way. A really cheep print server is from airlink. They have a multi-function print server (print, scan, fax) that go s for under $30.00. Like I said before, it takes a little tweaking to get to work, but once it does, it works great.

USB Printer Share Switch. Get one at Amazon.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home