Printing Services

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How do I delete a print job which has already started to print? -

I open the printer window and click on the job and try to cancel it and it then shows that the job is being deleted. I do the same with the printer. But the job stays there and I am unable to print anything else. The only way to clear it is to completely reboot my pc and then the job I was trying to print automatically starts printing again once the pc has rebooted! So infuriating. Switching the printer off doesn t help either. I have had this problem with several pc. I would be grateful if you could help me!

Try puasing it first the deleting it, if that still does work, do what you been doing and hit delete it and reoobt but this time unplug your printer instead of turning it off, the printer has memory too, this will wipe it. When the PC reboots, make sure the job is gone, once you seen it is gone plug the printer back in. I know these steps sucks, its rare but these things will happen time to time. (Usually for me when I cancle the print job from the printer and not the PC first)

I have notice this problem a lot before and have no official answer but I can say that if you cancel it quickly enough, it should delete straight away. Is this a laser or ink jet? Lasers often have this issue, I don t get think on ink yet but have done on laser.

well you can t like rewind in time and stop it but once you start printing and where it says like the % of how long it is done, you can click cancel printing and it will kust stop from where it was

start menu gt; control panel gt; printers gt; open the printer the list of print jobs should be there right click on them and cancel them

Right click on the printer icon (far right bottom corner on your computer) and click on quot;cancel the printing jobsquot; or similar groupings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home