Printing Services

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Can I connect a printer to a computer thats a different type? -

I have an HP printer and I was wondering if I could connect it to my Emachines computer. Do I need anything extra to do it or is it better to connect a printer the same kind as my computer?

You can connect any brand printer to any computer, the only problem that may happen is the computer may not have the required drivers. To test: have the computer on. Plug the printer into the computer with printer power on. You should get a popup saying quot;new hardware foundquot; followed by quot;the device is ready to usequot; OR quot;if you have the device disk, insert in nowquot; If it asks for the disk, the drivers are not installed in the computer and the printer won t work until they are.

I use epson, dell, and canon on my macs and windows machines. only the dell refuses to work with my macs. the others play nice and print for all of the machines

you can do this, without any problems as long as the cable fits and you have the software that came with the printer.

1 Comments:

  • It seems you have problem in your hard drive! You can connect any brand printer to any computer, the only problem that may occur is the computer may not have the necessary drivers. To test: have the computer on. Plug the printer into the computer with printer power on. Hope helped you.


    Good day.


    Canon Printer

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 26, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home