Printing Services

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

How do I set up my HP 4 in one to send faxes using my phone line. I have digital phone service through Comcas -

I want to be able to send faxes using my home phone as a modem. It seems really complicated since I have Comcast digital cable. Where/how do I hook it up?

Fair warning: digital lines and faxes don t get along well. Plug your phone line into the port 1 for the fax line in the back of the printer. If you are having difficulty sending/receiving faxes, go into the setup menu. You want setup-gt;advanced fax setup. Turn ECM off and fax speed to medium or low.

In order to setup a designated Home FAX telephone line, you will need to contact COMCAST or your telephone provider and pay for what is referred to as quot;DISTINCTIVE RINGquot; where your telephone company assigns you a designated line lt;= completely different telephone number that is linked to your main telephone line that is strictly for incoming amp; outcoming facsimiles. The monthly costs is fairly reasonable like less than $5 per month in additon to your normal telephone bill, and FYI without the DISTINCTIVE RING FEATURE, your facsmile will not function as you expected. Hope the Above Info Helps and Best of Luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home