Printing Services

Sunday, September 15, 2019

How can I save an ink cartridge that has been opened? -

I thought the ink cartridge I bought was dry, so I went amp; bought a new one. After checking everything, the problem was with the printer, not with the ink cartridges. Now, everything is fixed, but I have 2 opened ink cartridges: one is in the printer amp; the other one I want to save it (they cost a lot of money to waste it!!!). In order to use the new one, you must peel a kind of tape. I peeled the tape in both cartridges!!!! How can I save one of them, so the ink will no go dry?

first off, if you have had the first cartridge out of the printer unprotected, while you were working with the 2nd cartridge, there is a good chance it won t work any how. however if you want to try to save it, take a damp paper towel, (ring it out completely) put the paper towel and the cartridge in a zipper bag. it does not have to be upside down but there must be moisture in the bag, not water. the moisture keeps the cartridge from drying out completly. if you have it in this bag, keep it in a cool place, and check on it periodically, if you see that the paper towel is drying out, remoisten it. if you still have the blue tape that is preferred, but this method will keep the cart usable for a few months if the towel is not left to dry out.

been there-- done it. I would put both them strips back on the one cartridge - and then I would wrap in tight in a baggie.

use a piece of Scotch tape on the bottom of the cartridge where the ink comes out. Store in a sealed, plastic bag upside down and store in a cool, dry place, like a drawer, in temp regulated room of the house

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home